Cold weather brings everyone indoors. Just as you and your family will find yourself wanting to spend more time in the comfort and warmth of your home, so will the pests, spiders, and insects that live around your home. To keep all these creepy, crawly critters out of your home, keep these fall pest control tips in mind.
Want to leave the pest control to the professionals? That’s fine, too. If you are in Cuyahoga, Medina, Lorain, Franklin, Delaware, Fairfield, Union, or anywhere else in our service area, give us a call at 888-833-6205 and we’ll schedule your pest control service.
- Screen opening to chimneys, attics, vents, and other areas. Don’t make it easy for them.
- Ensure that all basements, attics, and crawl spaces are ventilated and dry. Pests are attracted to warm areas with moisture.
- Seal cracks and crevices with caulking. Rodents can fit through the tiniest of cracks. Prevent this from happening by sealing all cracks and crevices.
- Keep kitchens clean and be cognizant of how you store food. A messy kitchen full of crumbs, open containers, and a heaping garbage can is a sure way to lure in critters. Clean up after meals and be sure to properly store food and garbage.
- Store piles of wood away from your home. Keeping firewood and other piles at least 25 feet away from your home will help to keep a great pest mansion out of the path of your home.
- Avoid leaving your pet’s food dishes outside for a long time. Pests don’t care whether it’s dog, cat, or parrot food. It’s all food to them. Don’t leave it out and entice pests.
- Install and maintain proper drainage systems.For example, having a well-maintained gutter system will direct water away from your home, which could otherwise attract pests.
Need professional pest control? Contact us today to schedule your service!